Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich

I love this mashed chickpea salad alone or on a bed of leafy lettuce topped with tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of lemon juice. I've made it plenty of times over the year and never tire of it. So what's another great way to enjoy this salad? Why, in a sandwich of course! Gather a few slices of your favorite bread, some leafy greens, mash an avocado to spread if you like and this is one great sandwich. Full of protein, fiber, texture and flavor. I think it's just fabulous and I believe you'll find it just the same. So bon appetit, and eat more chickpeas!

Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Ingredients
  • mashed chickpea salad (recipe serves 3 - 4)
  • a few slices of your favorite bread
  • leafy greens
  • avocado, mashed (optional)

Layer your bottom slice of bread with leafy greens, add your chickpea salad on top. On the underside of your top slice of bread, add some optional mashed avocado (tomato slices would be great too). Cut in half or eat as is.

Easy and delicious...

Enjoy!

15 comments :

  1. Oh my word. That is genius. It looks like a proper British sandwich. I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS FOR LUNCH WHEN I GO BACK TO UNI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried it right now! That's so delicious!
    I'm going to do this very often

    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEAR GOD. I made this last night and am salivating thinking about making it again tonight. SO easy, affordable, healthy, plain-old wonderful. Thank you SO much!! YUM!

      Delete
  3. Yummy! This sandwich was sooo good and satisfied a craving I'd been having recently. See I've eaten mostly vegan for years with one weakness. Tuna salad sandwiches. I know. I know. I just had never found anything that could totally replace them. Until now. I did change it up a bit and added what I normally would have to tuna to the mashed chickpeas. And I'm in love! It didn't taste exactly the same but was close enough and had a nice "mouthfeel " that made it really similar. Thanks sooo much for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I'm glad this hit the spot. I hope it becomes one of your staples. Cheers :)

      Delete
  4. I made this for lunch today, and it was delicious! It is very addictive, though! And, it's very filling. Thank you for posting this recipe! I read your blog a lot, and I'm also a big fan of your lentil loaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very addictive isnt' it! I can easily eat the whole batch. And the lentil loaf...that's another great one that is filling and makes for great sandwiches! Thank you for stopping to share. :)

      Delete
  5. I just found your site, while looking for an easy way to make tahini, and this is the second recipe I've tried. (After the tahini, of course.) AMAZING! The salad is so good, and I'm making it into sandwiches for dinner tonight. (Though I'm putting it on asiago bread, so it's not vegan anymore. Sorry!) Thank you for your awesome site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im obsessed with both chick peas & avocados! I literally read this post, got off the couch and made this! It was super quick and easy.. WHY have I not ever thought of this before?? AMAZING!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I get that kind of inspiration! Glad to have passed it on to you. Thank you for the message, makes my day! Cheers :)

      Delete
  7. Always loved tuna fish before I became vegan. This satisfies that craving very well! It's really good on toasted bread. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So incredibly yummy and pretty cheap, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete